Finally finished building the CAT TREE!!!!! (Picture HEAVY)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

For now, I think the only thing I will be adding to this one might be a set of stairs as Ansel gets older. There will come a time when he won't be able to make that 3' jump anymore and that is where the stairs will come in.
mine has a ramp, & currently nobody uses it. but Pixel's 9, & i figure the time will eventually come when she'll need it.
you did a fantastic job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Sophie!...
My total respect to you!....
Thank you so much for show us this!!!!

Such a big work? isnt?
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Sophie, I sent you a pm, but I wanted to post here too. I am very very proud of you! You rock girl!

and more importantly.....the kitties
it! Doesn't that just make you so pleased as punch?!
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

That is SO AMAZING!!! I made a scratching post a while ago, and it was nowhere NEAR as wonderful as yours (very basic, something on bottom to scratch on, and something on top for them to sit on.) Anyway, it took FOREVER and was such hard work - I can't imagine making one like this! I'm so glad you posted everything step-by-step like this, too. If I'm can ever coordinate time and energy, I'll love being able to go back through here and find this to make one myself!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!
Rigel, Heather, & Rina......thanks so much!

Rigel, yes it was alot of work!!!

Heather.....it is rewarding to see that the kitties enjoy it. I just wish Ansel would get on the thing. He loves catnip....maybe I need to sprinkle some on it.

Rina....I think you should make one!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

mine has a ramp, & currently nobody uses it. but Pixel's 9, & i figure the time will eventually come when she'll need it.
you did a fantastic job!

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Thats awesome!! I am so jealous.........
I could never do anything like that...
Thanks Laureen!

Monica.....I'm sure you could do whatever you put your mind to!

pennyri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very Impressive project. I'm trying to do something much easier, and was wondering if you could reveal the source of your 700+ feet of sisal for 30 bucks? What a deal!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I seem to have missed this post from earlier in the year, thanks to whoever pulled it back out!

Sophie, that is truly amazing! Do your kitties still love it? Has anything started to come undone? It looks like quality construction, that's for sure!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to see an update...did you ever get it set up with the post that goes to the ceiling?

Great job.

dolcetta46

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a tour de force Sophie, complimenti!!

Building one for our Oliver is on our agenda too, and although our space wouldn't allow such a big one unfortunately, this is certainly an inspiration!!
Thanks for sharing

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, I seem to have missed this post from earlier in the year, thanks to whoever pulled it back out!
I second that! I've been thinking about building my own and these pictures answered some of my questions.

Great job!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PennyRi

Very Impressive project. I'm trying to do something much easier, and was wondering if you could reveal the source of your 700+ feet of sisal for 30 bucks? What a deal!
My source is http://www.cwestern.com/. Once there, you can click on "rope" and you can find the sisal rolls. There is also a "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. Select the location nearest you and give them a call.

Originally Posted by menasmom

I am soooo impressed!! Good --no--- GREAT job! You should have your own "How To" show!
Thanks!

Sophie, that is truly amazing! Do your kitties still love it? Has anything started to come undone? It looks like quality construction, that's for sure!
Zan thinks I built it just for her. She is ALWAYS on it. Bella gets in the hanging tunnel often. Sometimes, I see the girls in the crows nest on top. Ansel will have NOTHING to do with it.....and I built it for him in the first place.
The only thing that starting to show wear is the front right bottom post. Zan uses it often to climb up....errrr...run up the tree. I'll try to get a pic of it soon and show you. Other than that, it's good!

Originally Posted by theimp98

that is really cool!!!!
Thanks Bruce!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

I'd love to see an update...did you ever get it set up with the post that goes to the ceiling?

Great job.
No, unfortunately not yet. I still have not moved into my house yet. I don't know when I will.....possibly sometime next year is all I can say at this stage of the game.

Thanks!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sarah.....this is the only thing that has started to "come undone". I wrapped the sisal as tightly as I could, but I guess when Zan runs up that post, her weight is dragging the sisal down.