Fighting!!!!!

Mystical

Rigby and Tyge acting like brothers
Kitten
Purraise
Earlier this year I moved away from the one house I was living at and around 2-3 weeks later I was brought Rigby and Tyge. Now that it's at the end of May, for the past two days all they have done is fight. I'm concerned about this seeing how they normally act like they are blood brothers. The house I live in has a male cat who tries to separate my two boys.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Are all 3 cats neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mystical

Kitten
Purraise
No, they are not. I'm at my whits end with Rigby, who will be 3 in either Sept or Oct and Tyge, who will be 2 in either Oct or Nov. They have been together since the end of 2016. As you are able to see in the pic they look like they are actual brothers but they're not.

Mystical

Kitten
Purraise
At first Rigby and Tyge wasn't mine and i had tried to tell the original owners that the cats need to be fixed which they refused to spend money (except for food and litter).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's unfortunate they didn't listen to you, as if they had, you would most likely not be dealing with the fighting now. :(

Mystical

Kitten
Purraise
The original owners were in their early 20's so they thought they knew it all and everyone else was wrong.
The cats have never been to a vet so i know I'm looking at a pretty hefty fee when I am able to finally get them to a vet.
I was watching a vet show the other day and it was mentioned about Feline AIDS. I looked it up and Rigby does show some of the signs of that disease but that could be just me being a hypochondriac.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It shouldn't be too expensive to neuter male cats. It's $65 here.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They need to be neutered. It’s not a hefty vet visit. They should be able to do a check up, vaccines, and the neuters at the same time. Please don’t delay. They could be seriously hurt.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I emailed a bunch of places for you asking for price quotes. The cheapest I found so far is $73. Sometimes you can get a discount for getting 2 cats neutered on the same day.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand. This is worth putting into the budget before you have catastrophic medical expenses from cats fighting, though.

Please ask around, and see if there is anyone who could lend you money.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, the prices up by Syracuse are insane! One quoted me $165 and another one $200 just for the neuter! I think the $73 one is going to be the cheapest.

Mystical

Kitten
Purraise
Well, it's been a couple of days since I started this post. There has been no change in the boys (Rigby and Tyge) behavior. I hate the fact that I have to keep them separately and in cages but I'm so afraid that they fight and hurt each other seriously especially when no one is home that at this point that's a safe place for them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found you that one vet that's $73 for neutering. All the others were really expensive. I'm surprised there is such a difference in prices between your town and mine. Sometimes you can get vouchers if you are low income.