Fic And Welcoming A New Pet With Current.

MittenMeg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Raiden was diagnosed with FIC in July after having a complete obstruction. The only reason for causing the obstruction they could find was a UTI. He had no crystals. He's been on Royal Canine mod cal urinary SO (wet) since he came home from the hospital. He's been doing really well and has had no signs or symptoms of re-occurrence. My mom just recently took in two foster puppies that were in a kennel fire to help her friend out. Raiden has his own space in the basement and usually doesn't wander upstairs but sometimes he likes to sit in the window and watch cars..ect. My mom is thinking of adopting one of the puppies since she already has a 3-year-old border collie. Raiden gets along really well with the current dog but I'm worried he could possibly get stressed with the new puppy. Any suggestions on welcoming a new pet into the household with a cat with FIC would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently increasing his water intake with his wet food and keeping him downstairs unless the dogs are gone.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise