Adult Cat
Purraise
Call me stupid, but what is that mean?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
your no stupid by any means..

souble fiber absourbs water in the intestines....

Insouble fiber pushes thru things ( kind the clean the intestal walls fiber..

so in theroy souble fiber would make a softer stool since it has more h20

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok gotcha, one more question, do you think constipation is an issue if the cat only poops once in a day and sometimes once every day and a half?

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I give my cats a little pumpkin out of the can about once or twice a week. It's a pure veg fiber and keeps their sytems working great! It has also stoped them from having any hairball problems. I give them each about a tablespoon full in a little soft food and they love it. It's perfectly safe for them and I've been using it for years now.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hunter
I aint a vet but my girls go two or three times a day so you may have a bit of an issue ... call the dr.. I have heard of pumpokin being used for both firming up and softening

hunter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there specific can of pumpkin or is there only one kind?, also, if i'm not mistaken pooping three times a day is too frequent, and it depends on the diet too, good food, less stool, i think once a day is normal.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guys go at least two, maybe 3. I believe that's a normal number in cats.

Their digestive tracts are very short (this is why they can't digest vegetarian diets) and so if they eat twice a day for example, then they should go at least twice per day.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
there stools are small and firm ... one eats only canned or homeade which is like less digestable than the others premium dry...

the rule for humans is one for every meal so I would imagine it would make sence for kitty too

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just get the "Libby's" pumpkin that is used to make pumpkin pie with, or any other brand will work. Like I said I've never had a problem with their stools or hairballs since I started giving them this. Good Luck!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Loki only goes once a day and some time 1.5 days. This is very normal for him - might also be normal for your baby!!

hunter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's what i thought, i red it somewhere if a cat doesn't go for more than two days then it's a sign of constipation, anyway, he's been going once every 24 hours, i think he's fine, thanks

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HUNTER

Ok gotcha, one more question, do you think constipation is an issue if the cat only poops once in a day and sometimes once every day and a half?
Do you feed raw? I thought I seen in a thread that you do. It depends on what you feed. There is so much less waste produced when they can assimulate most of the food they are eating. My cats poop way less then they did when I was feeding a commercial diet. Remember that they cannot digest carbs so if your not feeding any carbs they should not poop as much.

avocado

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bengalbabe

Do you feed raw? I thought I seen in a thread that you do. It depends on what you feed. There is so much less waste produced when they can assimulate most of the food they are eating. My cats poop way less then they did when I was feeding a commercial diet. Remember that they cannot digest carbs so if your not feeding any carbs they should not poop as much.
my raw fed cats still poop more than once a day, but the poops are smaller and harder. they typically go twice a day.

hunter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Half of his diet is raw, he goes once a day, every once in a while once in a day and a half, i think he's fine, no stress whatsoever when he's in the box.