Fhs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so worried about putting him on medication like that. Poor guy has been through so much in the last 2 years...but it wouldn't be fair to let him go on like this either. To be honest though, I'd rather him be a little dopey than licking himself constantly and twitching.

I've been reading through that other thread periodically. Thankfully Parker isn't THAT bad. He does hiss on occasion but he is never aggressive with me and even when his episodes are pretty intense, I can still pick him up and snuggle him. (This really calms him down
) I don't even know how he still has fur left because of how much he licks but he has no bald spots or anything.

Well, I guess I will make an appointment this week and see how it all goes. Keep your fingers crossed for my boo, please. Thanks for all the useful information. I am so happy I found this place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Parker has been on the Wellness grain-free alone for almost a week and a half and I have to say that his episodes have already decreased dramatically. I know it was said it could take up to 8 weeks, but the improvement is there. He is no longer licking the floor and his leg thumping is down to every few days.
The only thing that hasn't improved is the licking. While he isn't licking as frantically, he is still licking A LOT. Mostly the back of his legs and his paws.
I opted not to take him the vet just yet...as something told me the food could very well be a big part of the problem. (Mothers intuition? hehe..)
I'm going to get a humidifier and see if that helps with the licking since it went from 100 degrees in early October to the freezing point and snow now.

So, I will continue to watch him and see if he improves. Thanks for all the suggestions and help! You guys are probably helping save Parker!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the happy update! Please do keep us posted, I am thrilled for you and Parker!