Fever

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAd to take Bristol to the vet,thought she had an ear problem but turns out ears are fine,has a 103 fever. They gave her 2 shots,one antibiotic and other to get her fever down. they said this usually does the trick in 24hrs!! lets hope,poor lil girl.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You should see an improvement in a day or so, but keep a close eye on her and make sure she's eating, drinking, and using the litter box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she is doing all the above. Yea the dr says the shots take care of this,they dont know why cats get like this but this helps within 24hrs. must be somre sort of bug or something for cats. But my cat doesnt go out or anything. weird. I took the day off to watch her.

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think she has devolped a cold,should i take her back to vet or should these 2 shots that she just got yesterday be enough????

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she is sneezing alot now,nose runs at times. They gave her a antibiotic shot and a shot to get her fever down from 104 normal temp i think is 103

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep an eye on her, make sure she continues to eat and drink and call the vet when they open in the morning. Sometimes they get a little worse before they get better, but this does sound like something to be concerned about.