Fever smoke tortie Maine coon or actual smoke tortie

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kitten is qiute big, she shouldnt have fever coat no more.
Did you see her earlier? Had she noticeably more of this fever color looks?

If not, she is prob smoke for real. At least on the underbelly...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jacobruehl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitten is qiute big, she shouldnt have fever coat no more.
Did you see her earlier? Had she noticeably more of this fever color looks?

If not, she is prob smoke for real. At least on the underbelly...
I haven’t gotten to meet her other than through video chatting with the breeder ; the breeder is newer and doesn’t want to guarantee that she is or isn’t smoking out in areas (I apppreciate her honesty of course ) I just would think it was so cool if she did have actual smoke and not just fever smoke (she is 4 months old ) as I plan to put her with a black smoke boy . Thank you so much 🥰

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She can have what people call a fever coat well beyond that age. Or it can also just be the normal process of black cat coats going through normal changes. Our MC really looked smoke when a kitten but her breeder was still sure she would wind up as solid black. It took at least a year before she became solid, though she does have some lighter gray tones on her belly still at over 4 years old. This is very normal with black cats, especially long hair cats where you can see it better.

She's a very pretty black tortie. What is the breeder calling her color?

And are you a breeder? If not please do not go ahead with that plan since you have no idea what you are doing.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure, maybe blue tortie smoke. So gorgeous. She looks mor calico ish to me.