'Fess up...Who's hitting the sales?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not normally one to hit the day after Thanksgiving crack of dawn shopping frenzy, but Wal-Mart has a good deal on both a digital camera and a fiber optic Christmas tree. So, off I go at 6 a.m. to push and shove my way through the crowds. Anyone else joining this madness?

catfur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not I, I have to go snooze (er, sit) at my desk on the off (very, very off) chance that someone calls (not one call on the day after Thanksgiving for 3 years running, according to the unlucky victims of years past). Not that I (lacking the requisite two "X" chromosomes) would be inclined to hit the insane crowds of the day after.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not like we have in years past, but we'll be going shopping a little bit. We did the 6:00 thing a couple years ago, and did get some good deals. Last year we seriously lacked the ambition to get up that early, so we went at about 9:00. I know with many of the "limited items" sales we would have seriously missed out, but at least at Best Buy last year we were still able to get all of the DVDs that we wanted which were on sale.

This year I'm pretty sure we'll hit Best Buy again, and Wal Mart since they have a pretty good deal on a luggage set. But it won't be at 6:00.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As much as I hate it, I have to hit the sales tomorrow to get some christmas presents so I can send them as soon as possible so they can arrive in Kiwiland before christmas.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be checking out the online sales...far less hassle than struggling through traffic! and then crowds!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope...tomorrow is International Buy Nothing Day.

Plus, I'm still attempting to get over leftover bronchitis from the flu.
Bet people would give me more space when they hear me hack, though!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shopping tomorrow is for the clinically insane!
Or the brave... however you want to look at it! Especially the early morning sales.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not this time. I usually either have it done by Thanksgiving or I wait a few days after the mad rush of the 'after' Thanksgiving day sales.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not even into it this year- want to skip the entire season at this point.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. This sounds like alot of fun. I have never heard of the early morning sales things after thanksgiving over here. Have lots of fun shopping everyone.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Usually I'm there waiting in some long line to get into a store but not this year, nothing in the sale papers was calling my name so I'm here looking around on the computer early this morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, you-less-than-brave souls. I am already back from the 6 a.m. frenzy. The line at Wal-Mart was clear down to the other end of the shopping center parking lot at 5:45 a.m.

This is not usually my thing, as I am about the Scroogiest person I know. But I got in, got my brand new digital camera for $99, and my 6 ft. fiber optic tree for $39.

I hit the check out by 6:20, have my tree set up, and took a couple of demo pics already.

Life is good.

Oh, and Catfur....there were p-l-e-n-t-y of Y chromosomes in attendance. They were the ones trying to figure out a way how to barter their way further up in the line.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally do but since rich just switched jobs we don't have the money for it right now

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand crowds. Hate standing in line. I am a pretty smart shopper, but no discount is worth that nightmare for me. When I was a kid, my mother used to take me to the big back to school clothing sales, and I would pass out. I think its lack of oxygen, or claustrophobia, but she would have to hustle me into the change rooms, and throw clothes at me, to try on as many as I could before i was unconscious on the floor. Try finding a colour that suits a green in the face teenager!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up not to shop but to go to breakfast and omg what a dumb idea. We had to go to 3 restaurants before we found one without an hour wait then we had to wait an hour and a half for our food!! We went around 7 because we figured most people would still be shopping but apparantly not!

But as far as black friday shopping--I'd rather skip the deals than deal with the headache. Having crazy people steal items out of my shopping cart, grab stuff out of my hands, and the injuries from people gettng knocked over don't really get me into the christmas spirit.. People here are BRUTAL.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's about 11am and we got back an hour ago...it takes us about 30 minutes to get to the mall (we are here in Sweeny at my in-laws, so we have to drive to the next town, Lake Jackson, for the mall). Zack's dad and I left this morning at 7 and we got Zack's christmas and birthday present...gas grill and air compressor. (Zack's birthday is Jan. 10 though) It was fun. Tried to get a couple of things, but the ad that I had was tomorrow morning and they apparently didn't care when I showed it to them and said it was in TODAY's paper. Guess, I have to get up again tomorrow morning and get my deals. Oh well. Looks like I will be laying around today doing nothing!
(BTW, I love not having ANYthing to do this weekend!!) YIPPPIE!