Ferrel mom just had kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sicily decided yesterday that she was going to take the kittens outside. She tried 3 times. She would take one of the kittens to the front door. My daughter would talk to her and pet her, not acknowledging the kittens at first and Sicily would set the kittens down and Chloe would Pet them both and then take the kittens back to its box. The third time Chloe met her at the door doing the same thing and Sicily put the kitten back in the box herself and has not tried moving them again. It has been very interesting to watch Sicily and my daughters relationship. Sicily let's us all Pet her and she approaches us all, but she really is attached to Chloe she lays on her back for Chloe to rub her tummy, she meows at the bottom of the stairs until Chloe comes down.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't let her outside and please don't let her take the kittens outside! Right now they are all safe and cared for in your home. It is not safe outside where there are parasites and predators. Not to mention, mom can get pregnant again any minute now.

It's really much, much better if they can stay in until the kittens are weaned and mom is spayed. Mom will adjust.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really think you should put the mom and kittens in a bedroom with door closed so she has no access to the front door.

Will the tom come in the house? Can you pet him at all?

sicily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The tom will come in the house, he will eat out of our hand but we have not been able to touch him. We do not have a bedroom for the cats. We are not going to let the kittens out. Sicily is going out for short periods of time with us. She is very clingy right now. The tom only comes around in the evening. It is a perfect time to trap him with the mom and kittens in the house. We are going to set the trap tonite.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully he will go in. If not, you may have to close him inside your home.

sicily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We thought about closing him in the house. But we still would not be able to catch him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just thought he might eventually get friendlier if he were closed in the house. At least enough to scruff him and put him in the trap or pet carrier.

Hopefully, he'll go in the trap.

sicily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bet he would end up under a bed and tagging everything. We have the trap set with some of his favorite food in it. We will pray and see what happens!