Ferocious Kitten hanging out with Stinkie

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There were recently some kittens born at a neighbor's house. These kittens are all scared of everyone. All of my cats have been fixed, so I'm not sure whose kittens they are (since my neighbor doesn't own a cat). Anyway, One of the kittens is coming to our house all of the time now. He is hanging around my baby, Stinkie. I don't really mind him following my cat around, but I don't want my cat following him back home. This kitten will not let us touch him. We caught him over the weekend and he really tore into us. He was ferocious. I've been pretty good with taming cats in the past, but I really don't know about this one. I'm mostly just concerned with my cat following him back home. I also don't want Stinkie getting attached to this kitten. What should I do?

kitty queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the kitten is a feral, then I wouldn't let your cat be with them. Other feral cats could cary diseases and fleas. If you are interested in adopting it, then put some food out in a bowl. If it slowly adjusts to being near the house, then you can gradually get closer until the point where you can pet it. When it is comforable with you petting it, try to gently pick it up. As soon as you can get control of him without you being ripped to shreds take him to the vet. Have him vacinated and neutered. You don't want your cat picking up anything he may have. I would just keep your cat away from him and leave him alone unless you want to adopt him. If so, still keep your cat away until he has been to the vet for a full physical.