Feral/street cat hasn't eaten for 3 days post spay/abortion surgery

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think your kitty would enjoy being in a crate or having to travel in a car. Cats are not like dogs, and most cats freak when they are put in a carrier in the car and taken somewhere.  I don't think this is something that you can train a cat to enjoy--especially a feral.  It would be best if you keep her at home while you're gone. Do you have other pets at home? You can use automatic food and water dispensers and have someone stop by the house once a day to change the litter and put out fresh water. I used to leave my indoor cats alone for a few days at a time when I had to travel and did this. They'd always be standoffish with me when I first returned home, but within hours would be clinging to me again, lol.

It's wonderful that you are taking care of this kitty and are willing to adopt her or find her a good home! I'm so glad she recovered from her spay surgery.

sita123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much both of you.  Since Ive only had her for a couple of weeks...I don't know how she will do.  She is very friendly, but also very mello and sleeps alot.   Boarding is not an option, money, and also, she would just hate being in a kennel , I believe.   I would love to take her with us, but she would also hate that.   So..its going to make me crazy, 
 but I 've decided to have someone come in twice a day until my friend can get back into town.  He will spend more time with her.  Not the best of situations, for sure!   

The timing is awful, as Ive had death in family, and husband going thru  medical issues...so I need to get on the road.    Glad to hear your Luna was back to her old self when you returned  Kylie!!     and Ms Aimee.     These are all really good people who will be visiting  with her., so Im trying not to worry.  Thanks again for support