FERAL momma GIVING BIRTH NOW

iowakittylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had feral Kitty who came to the window on spring with her mama last year and was watching my cat as they were roughly the same age she's actually a little bit younger I believe she's almost a year he had gone into heat a couple of times as before we let her in for the winter I live in Iowa started to get very cold in the twenties and I was able to con them it actually was two girls we found the second one came with her more and more after I was putting out food and hopefully two really nice kitty enclosures with farm and blankies and warmth and then we built an actual enclosure around them the two houses and put a feeding station inside of it and some carpet remnant samples from our local home improvement store and did it virtually with scrap wood and almost all free and were able to keep them very warm and cozy however when having her inside this winter before letting them back out even though I really didn't want to they will only come close to us not let us touch them and she went into heat so while her sister was sleeping I let her out a day and a half later I let her back in and she was pregnant today she is giving birth she has had three kittens underneath of a treadmill and I have a male cat already like I said she used to visit him in the window they were rubbing against each other through the screen so much so that I just knew they loved each other and I couldn't help myself now I find myself with hair three kittens moved out from under the treadmill and I did have to touch her that I put her inside of this laundry basket and put her inside of our bathroom in the basement of the home she is a little scared and I am worried that now she has had a fourth kitten behind the washer that's in that bathroom and I'm not sure if she has gotten back into the basket to feed these kittens but there are two placentas still attached to two of the kittens I know and believe that she ate one of the placentas I need help I need to make sure that these kitties are okay and that she's okay any advice would help please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iowakittylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wanted to post an update I was able to get Mama back into the basket still in the bathroom but back in the basket she was hiding in the corner with her two more babies she did detach the placentas on them so I'm fully confident she's going to detach the placenta on the other three she was not wanting to come out of the corner and so I placed the basket in the corner give her some silk mousse full of protein in a small dish and filled her water and she seemed calm after I help to dry off her bottom and she saw I wasn't trying to touch her babies but trying to help her so looks like we're going to be okay but if anybody knows of how or when I should detach the placentas if she does not please I do need the help to do it I don't want the little ones to suffer or have any effects if I don't do it in time

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had feral Kitty who came to the window on spring with her mama last year and was watching my cat as they were roughly the same age she's actually a little bit younger I believe she's almost a year he had gone into heat a couple of times as before we let her in for the winter I live in Iowa started to get very cold in the twenties and I was able to con them it actually was two girls we found the second one came with her more and more after I was putting out food and hopefully two really nice kitty enclosures with farm and blankies and warmth and then we built an actual enclosure around them the two houses and put a feeding station inside of it and some carpet remnant samples from our local home improvement store and did it virtually with scrap wood and almost all free and were able to keep them very warm and cozy however when having her inside this winter before letting them back out even though I really didn't want to they will only come close to us not let us touch them and she went into heat so while her sister was sleeping I let her out a day and a half later I let her back in and she was pregnant today she is giving birth she has had three kittens underneath of a treadmill and I have a male cat already like I said she used to visit him in the window they were rubbing against each other through the screen so much so that I just knew they loved each other and I couldn't help myself now I find myself with hair three kittens moved out from under the treadmill and I did have to touch her that I put her inside of this laundry basket and put her inside of our bathroom in the basement of the home she is a little scared and I am worried that now she has had a fourth kitten behind the washer that's in that bathroom and I'm not sure if she has gotten back into the basket to feed these kittens but there are two placentas still attached to two of the kittens I know and believe that she ate one of the placentas I need help I need to make sure that these kitties are okay and that she's okay any advice would help please help
Can you touch the kittens or look where they are?
Since you posted this are there any updates? Can you move the washer to see if the baby is there?
I am not trying to ask stupid questions I am just trying to get a feel for what is going on.

iowakittylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you touch the kittens or look where they are?
Since you posted this are there any updates? Can you move the washer to see if the baby is there?
I am not trying to ask stupid questions I am just trying to get a feel for what is going on.
Yes I was able to get the washer moved and checked on her she now has a total of five kitties she was very hesitant to let me get her out of the corner where she was but I was able to get her and her kittens picked up all at one time so long as she was able to see them it was okay I placed her in the basket with the other three and I think that she'll detached their placentas on her own since she had the other two pretty well cleaned up she's in the basket I did go ahead and put it back in the corner where she was I just kept the washer out of the way and then let her know that I had some good soft food for her and thank you for asking I appreciate it I'm hoping everything's going to be okay

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I was able to get the washer moved and checked on her she now has a total of five kitties she was very hesitant to let me get her out of the corner where she was but I was able to get her and her kittens picked up all at one time so long as she was able to see them it was okay I placed her in the basket with the other three and I think that she'll detached their placentas on her own since she had the other two pretty well cleaned up she's in the basket I did go ahead and put it back in the corner where she was I just kept the washer out of the way and then let her know that I had some good soft food for her and thank you for asking I appreciate it I'm hoping everything's going to be okay
She seems like she is a good mom. I think that she will do most of the work and you can be her back up 😁😁😁. Thank you for caring for her and her babies, and you are welcome

iowakittylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She seems like she is a good mom. I think that she will do most of the work and you can be her back up 😁😁😁. Thank you for caring for her and her babies, and you are welcome
I'm only showing her the same amount of love that I saw her and her mama when she came as a kitten to check on my little kitty who I got from a farm my Ziggy climbed up on my arm and I knew that he chose me he didn't have his mama around and was a little bit too young to be without her and brought him home everyday Mama Kitty I I color sweetie pie everyday sweetie pie came about 3 weeks after they started to come I noticed Mama wasn't around anymore and as a gets real cold here in Iowa I just knew that I couldn't leave her outside suffering and my cat and her used to talk through the screen out the window every day she'd come at 6:30 and again at 10:30 and so caring for her just came naturally now I think she's doing good I was just worried cuz I just didn't know if she was going to come back to those other three kitties I'm lucky I came across this website thank you guys for your help and thank you for your concern it means a lot I'll keep updating this hopefully with a picture probably in the next two days I want to give Mama her space she is seemed tired but very happy that I was helping dry her off she started purring