Feral Kitty Concern

Boogersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am a momma to 3 indoor cats and two ferals.One is really a semi feral and has been in my garage and in my driveway for close to 3 years.ALWAYS at my garage door every morning.
Last week we had our first real heat and I was making sure she stayed hydrated bringing her broths,etc she seemed pretty lethargic and I blamed it on the heat.
The next morning no trace of her anywhere. The other feral her mama came by looking for her under my car then ran off.Mama came back a day or two and eating then taking off.
I am beside myself looking for her (baby) calling her name walking,driving,looking in bushes even garbage cans. If she hears me calling she comes running but it’s been a week.
Do ferals ever return.She was a little runt of a girl she had lost weight recently now afraid I missed the fact she may have been sick and went somewhere to die.
Brokenhearted

Attachments

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry your sweet one is missing. Have you asked neighbors if they have seen or or posted signs around your neighborhood? Maybe she is stuck in a garage?

Is she spayed? Is there a chance she was pregnant?

Sending good vibes your way that this sweet one returns.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Boogersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, yes I have.We don’t have alot of ferals in my neighborhood.I even joined “Next Door” a website community and put her pic in there. I am just beside myself with worry.She is very skittish only came to me for rubs and scratches.She didn’t wander too far or for very long.I was told if she was sick she would have walked out of her surroundings to die. Not pregnant.It has been extremely hot here in TX and she is such a little runt.I open my garage at least 20 times a day.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is probably laying someplace cool - maybe in cool dirt somewhere, or in bushes. Before I brought my feral inside, she would often sleep in dirt and the bushes, where it was cooler (I am in the deep South). She may hear you calling, but be too comfortable or tired to feel like coming out.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you thought of getting a trail camera or wireless ip camera to see if she is around your property or in your garage at night?

Boogersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is probably laying someplace cool - maybe in cool dirt somewhere, or in bushes. Before I brought my feral inside, she would often sleep in dirt and the bushes, where it was cooler (I am in the deep South). She may hear you calling, but be too comfortable or tired to feel like coming out.
Thank you I sure hope so. For her yo disappear like this is heartbreaking not her usual at all. Have looked in bushes other neighbors yards where I have seen her go nothing

Boogersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you thought of getting a trail camera or wireless ip camera to see if she is around your property or in your garage at night?
I have never heard of that until today in fact. I am going to look into it.Her mama came in the garage this afternoon so hot.I fed her gave her some broth and she’s gone now. Thought she would know where she is.
Really weird one of my indoor cats has been crying at the garage door (in the kitchen) since she left most of the day everyday.

Boogersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just ordered one will be here tomorrow

Boogersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think I need more expertise on where to aim.I did see a kitty in the shadows but I think it was her mom who has been looking for her too at about 2am.
Will try again tonight.

Boogersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I live in Texas having major heat right knoe. It’s been over a week know hope is fading

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. But if she was sick, they do their very best to hide it - just a survival mechanism. But sometimes they do come back. I don't want to give false hope, but my mom fed ferals and it was not uncommon for some of them to disappear and come back literally weeks later. But those were usually the toms, not the girls. But I suppose it is possible. But I know it's been awhile now. I can understand why you feel as you do. :hearthrob: