Feral Kitty Advice

alycia12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued Jack , my feral I have had a year that I trapped at a restaurant . I trapped him with the intent that the animal control woman who I was working with will get kitty to good Heath enough to eventually send to a shelter. Well I took him in.. he has been neutered and shots when trapped a year ago.. I have two other cats, Zelda and Tom Brady who get along fine with jack . I can pet Jack when he laying on bed or chair , he always on guard tho . But he will purr when I pet him. He will sit and watch me on the bed when the other cats are up . It's like he trying to figure out if I friend or foe and get feeling he wants to come up when I on bed too.. What suggestions does anyone have to make Jack more comfortable ?? He roughly 2.5 to 3 years old

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It’s great that he lets you pet him and is purring when you do that! It means he’s comfortable and happy around you, which is a big step for a feral. I think one of the best ways you can make him more comfortable is offering him lots things to do inside so he doesn’t get bored. This article gives some great suggestions: The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside