Feral kittens...To catch or not to catch?

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any updates on the other kitten, mom or dad? I hope you can find an organization that will help you out with them. It would be great to see mom spayed-no more kitties!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey! Sorry I haven't updated.

I still haven't been able to catch the other kitten or mom.

However, the kitten I already caught is doing REALLY great! He's made himself right at home and is a very demanding little man!
He fully expects wet food in the morning and evening, pets throughout the day, and full access to our bedroom.

He's going to be SUCH a spoiled brat!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update, I hope the other kitten,mom and dad can be helped before you move. Maybe someone in your neighborhood will help out once you have moved. Your kitty is adorable!! I have a feral that had a litter of kittens, we rescued 2 of the 3 and I have always felt so bad for never catching the third, although I tried for weeks. But the mom came back and went right into the trap set for the third kitten. She was as wild as can be and even my vet suggested to put her back outside. I didn't have the heart and now a year and a half later, she is such a love. She would let me pet her 24 hours a day, it is amazing what love and patience can do!! Good luck!!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I doubt I'll ever catch the dad, he's rarely around here.

I'm trying to catch mom and baby at the same time cause if I catch mom then the baby won't come back and if I catch the baby then mom won't come back. :\\

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where are you at in Illinois? You might be able to find a rescue group that will TNR the rest of the cats for you. If you have been feeding these cats they are dependent on you as their caregiver. When you move, they need another caregiver. A rescue group may be able to help you with that situation.

I'm a bit alarmed by the other kitten with the injured paw. Kittens in the wild with injuries rarely survive. I don't want to sound negative here, but it is the reality of the situation. I've been working with feral cats for about 20 years now and have seen this happen first hand.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in Addison, IL.

The kitten that had the injury is fine. He/She has fine the next night(sorry, I forgot to tell ya'll). My assumption is that the kitten probably was trying to catch a wasp and got stung cause wasps like to hang out around the food dish.

My kitty, Binx, did that was and was limping all day, but was fine by the next day. He learned his lesson, lol.