Feral Kitten!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Remember, too, because she may not have been well-socialized to humans, she may have no idea what you mean when you try to play with her.  Wands toys work, as do bribes as described above by ShawdowsRescue.

I know we sound redundant but patience is your best friend now.  Hang in there.
My newest kitty, Henry, is 8 years old and was in a shelter since he was 4 months old. He has no idea what play is. He's not a feral but he really wasn't socialized at all. He'll sit and watch me play with the girls with their wand toys and show no interest whatsoever. He does seem to like small catnip toys like mice and such and he will bring them into his little cave (a large plastic tote on it's side with a soft blanket in it) but he doesn't "play" with them. I've had him 3 months and he just started taking food from me recently. he will not eat his meals with the door to his safe room open though. Baby steps. They move at their own pace and there's not much we can do other than be patient and love them the way they are and when they are ready to move forward, even just a little, we show them more patience and love. Patience is indeed your best friend. 

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My newest kitty, Henry, is 8 years old and was in a shelter since he was 4 months old. He has no idea what play is. He's not a feral but he really wasn't socialized at all. He'll sit and watch me play with the girls with their wand toys and show no interest whatsoever. He does seem to like small catnip toys like mice and such and he will bring them into his little cave (a large plastic tote on it's side with a soft blanket in it) but he doesn't "play" with them. I've had him 3 months and he just started taking food from me recently. he will not eat his meals with the door to his safe room open though. Baby steps. They move at their own pace and there's not much we can do other than be patient and love them the way they are and when they are ready to move forward, even just a little, we show them more patience and love. Patience is indeed your best friend. 
Since 4 months how is that possible!? That's just so sad :(

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Since 4 months how is that possible!? That's just so sad :(
It really is. he's come a long way since he's been with us and has become very affectionate. 

He had a brother who went in with him and he was adopted very quickly. Poor Henry didn't. It may have something to do with the fact that he's all black with just a touch of white. Black cats tend to not get adopted as quickly as other cats. The longer he sat there without any real socialization, the more timid he became. It really is so sad but he's with us now so things are looking up for him. He loves his new room and having 2 litter boxes to himself. The girls do go into his room and use his toys and his tree but they don't use his litter boxes. Must be an agreement between them.