Feral Kitten Left Behind

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are doing a fantastic job.  We all think with our hearts or we wouldn't even bother.  So, with the system you have in place, you can still work with him.  Letting he and Chedder interact is good, although I would make sure Devon is healthy first.  No sense in giving Chedder something.

I would definitely not let him go - the chances of you trapping him again are too low.  You do not need an intact male in your neighborhood.  He's still young enough to socialize and the time you take to do this will give you time to find a home or for the rescue to find one.

Thank you so much for helping him - and helping the dogs, too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheddar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Ondine. I'm trying to find something like this in my price range. The I would be able to put Cheddar in it and switch Devon to the crate Cheddar uses which is more spacious.

When I went to switch my dogs up, I noticed Devon was right up front and he didn't immediately dart to the back like he has been doing. He did eventually go but at least it wasn't right away. That's got to be a good sign right? He is also eating a little bit and using the litter box. He still cries sometimes though. I have been giving him small bits of soft food when I walk by every now and again. I've used this before with fosters that had trust issues. He didn't eat it right away, but a couple of minutes later it was gone. :)

If I can find a huge crate like the picture I will be so happy, then I will feel much better for Devon.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, the fact that he doesn't run hide when you come in is a good sign.  And food is an excellent motivator!

Have you tried Gerber chicken baby food (just chicken and water - no onions).  Most kitties can't resist it and you can feed it to him on the end of a spoon, which will being him closer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheddar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will pick up a couple of jars of baby food, great idea. I am so happy, a good friend of mine knows people in cat rescue. One girl doesn't foster anymore due to work so she's gong to lend me one of those big cat enclosures. Waiting for her to get in contact with me so I can go pick it up.