Feral(ish) Cat advice 😻/ CJ is now inside!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twinks113

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
CJ is doing great! The door to her room is always open now and she will come out a few times a day. She’s at my mom’s (I live next door) and my mom’s resident cat and CJ were acclimated very slowly over about a month and they are totally cool with each other now. She’s laid on my mom’s bed a couple of times, will hang out in the living room some, some days it’s more and some days it’s less but she has the ability to go wherever she would like and I believe as time goes on she will spend more and more time out and about rather than in her room. All in all I’d say it’s gone as well as it possibly could have. I chuckled to myself yesterday as she watched our first snow of the season falling from her window - she has no idea how much it would suck to still be out in it LOL Her mom (Chipotle) has started to come around daily again and she gets wet food in the mornings, dry is always available as is the heated water bowl. CJ’s baby daddy still comes around once or twice a week. What I wouldn’t give to get them both inside but they’ve been feral for years now. We had Chipotle spayed August of 2022. We have not been able to catch baby daddy. He is VERY suspicious of things and skittish in general. Chipotle will sit out of reach but nearby while we put the food down but we can’t come any closer or she runs so we just respect her space and keep both of them fed and watered. They go under the houses to stay warm, my husband said they can get into areas of insulation and should be decently warm. That’s the full update, thank you for checking on her! 😻