feral coming around my house

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read you thread about getting your Stray to the vet and I am now going to take my feral to the vet on. Wed. I am so. Worried that he well be upset? I would like to bring him in my house but. Like you my inside cat does not want him in. She gets upset when he comes to the door. I have a heated igloo but I worried when the snow comes. I. Don't even know if he will be happy inside. I have him 3 years already. I Got really good answers on what to do when I put him in a crate to bring him in on wed.. His name was Bella because for 2 years I could not get close to him. When he finally came to me she was a he. So now his name is bell. Wish me luck. And I hope you get to bring your cat into your house too.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Good luck to you too then :D :D with Bell. Love to hear how everyone is caring for these poor, homeless cats :heart3:

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wel I could not bring my self bring my bell to the vet to get tested. I just don't want to up set him. I know he is feral. Someone had his ear clipped so I know he is fixed. I think he is just going be be soooooo upset. He is happy out side in his he heated house. Am I wrong for feeling this way. My husband thinks I should leave along because bell never seems to want to come in and my indoor cat Gwen does not want him in. What should I do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureenl128

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the well wishes. Riley is in the basement tonight because it's raining soooo bad out. Maybe he can get some good peaceful sleep down there tonight. He is getting very comfy coming in the house. He even goes right for the toy basket in the living room and plays with some things! We are gonna try to get him in the routine of coming in the basement every night. We have a kitty door from the living room to the basement that the cats can see eachother through even though it is locked. He's such a lovey boy! Linda, in my opinion if he has been fine outside in the 3 years you have been caring for him, and you really don't think he will be coming inside, I would leave well enough alone. He is so lucky to have you as his caregiver and you are showing him love by feeding him! It's good that he is fixed and that is most importaint. It sounds like he has good warm shelter in his igloo. Maybe just raise it up on cement blocks or something when the snow starts so he can still access it. Good vibes to you and Bell!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: Riley will be a dry, warm and happy kitty tonight. And hopefully every night he will start to come in. He is just TOOOOO sweet. :hugs: for what you are doing for him :clap:

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Maureen. You made me feel so much better . Thanks for giving me the idea of raising the igloo with the blocks. Last year the we had to go out and keep sweeping the snow away and my bell would get upset. I live in long island to. Suffolk country.:clap::clap::lol3:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wel I could not bring my self bring my bell to the vet to get tested. I just don't want to up set him. I know he is feral. Someone had his ear clipped so I know he is fixed. I think he is just going be be soooooo upset. He is happy out side in his he heated house. Am I wrong for feeling this way. My husband thinks I should leave along because bell never seems to want to come in and my indoor cat Gwen does not want him in. What should I do.
I think your husband is totally right. Sometimes things aren't perfect, but they are much better than the cat had it before. Our 3 male cats live outside. One female sleeps in the basement and then goes outside and one female has the run of the house and the backyard. The males either would not come inside or would be very disruptive. The one female will not venture anywhere else in our house but the basement. My 5 cats are all very happy though each one has a different living arrangement. In a perfect world they would all be cozy inside our house, but that will never happen.