Feral cats help needed

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the update! If they get diarrhea again, I would look for a good daily probiotic. It can really make a difference and help with their overall health too. I have used Proviable DC as well as Nexabiotic for cats. Easy to sprinkle into wet food daily.

The no interest in toys is pretty common at first. But they may not know what to do with toys. Toys are foreign to outside cats. I would try some catnip toys first. Any catnip toy from the Yeowwww line is usually a hit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AUJFHE/?tag=thecatsite

Another idea is to get an old towel. Get a simple string and tie a few toy mice on the ends. Then put the towel over the middle of the string so the mice are sticking out on either side. Start to pull one end of the string so one end with go under the towel. Pull it slow, then quick. It will look like moving prey to the cat. Also just sprinkling some catnip on normal cat toys helps too.

Keep us updated. It's so good that you have a bit of background on them now.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww. The history of those two survivors is really something. I am so grateful to you for saving them. The world just got a little better. I hope the vet works out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rdanes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Just wanted to post an update. We made it to the vet a few days ago. They are both completely healthy! I was shocked. I’m hoping to start giving them some freedom from their bedroom soon. They are still fearful but seem curious to see what the rest of the house looks like and since they have a clean bill of health I’m no longer nervous to allow them around the dogs. I was preparing myself for the worst but now I’m glad to see what the future holds for them ☺
Thank you so so much everyone for the help. I could not have done this without a support system!!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for this update!! Such great news.

When you do give them freedom, be sure their safe room is always available to them. Baby steps....

Please keep us posted on their progress!! You did such a wonderful thing for them bringing them to be inside kitties.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is wonderful news! Thank you so much for the news and everything you have done and are doing. You have lifted my heart. Kitty guardians equal kitty heros! :clap2::rock::thanks::happycat: