Feral Cat Walked Up To My Cat

BrooklynCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat loves other cats he is a kitten that may have come from a colony. Super loving. I put him on a leash when we go places on the subway (vet and to a friends place to hangout). The part of brooklyn where my friend is has a lots of ferals and the other night one came out and walked right up to him and didnt hiss or anything but was sniffing him. I scooped him up real quick because I was afraid the other cat might attack or might be sick. Was that cruel? I am not in a position to foster, I have roommates in a tiny room and also had no way to do anything for that cat but i feel mean because he seemed friendly

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Picking up your cat was totally understandable- and I would have done exactly the same thing in that situation.

Since the cat was so friendly, being willing to get that close to a human, he was probably a stray and not a feral. I would recommend calling local rescue groups to see if there’s one that you can work with to help find this cat a home. Being so friendly, he should be easy to trap, and being so comfortable around humans and other cats means that he should be highly adoptable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BrooklynCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I went back to where he was n didnt see him so maybe he just got out. But if it happens again I will surely take that advice into action!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that shows that you have a good heart, because you wanted to help him! It's hard because we want to save them all.