Feral cat is just mocking me

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

if i can't trap him i am going to have to try become his friend, he already walked up behind me within 5 feet of me so better than he was before. though when i turn around he runs.
You know you shouldnt look directly at him? Look a little at the side.
IF you look directly, look with eyes half closed, like friendly cats do.

You can also yawn a little. Or even standing on all four, stretch yourself, forwards or backwards. Like cats greeting a pal or his human...

Raised hand is a threat (but homecats are used to this, and also people looking at them = part of being a homecat
).
But a low hand stretched forwards if friendly.

When you feel he is behind you, try to get lower. Sit down or something before turning around. So he will perhaps dare to stay.

He knows already you are his almost pal. I think he will recognize the signs - and hopefully - also accept them.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i didn't try trap him last night. however when i was giving the farm cats some treats (don't tell them that it is just a differant brand of food!) he really wanted one. he actually came and sat a few feet away watching me giving the cats treats, i could tell he really wanted to join them, but didn't quite dare. i threw one off to the side of him and he ate it, so i threw another closer to me and he ate it. though then he left; atleast he dared enough to get quite close

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

i didn't try trap him last night. however when i was giving the farm cats some treats (don't tell them that it is just a differant brand of food!) he really wanted one. he actually came and sat a few feet away watching me giving the cats treats, i could tell he really wanted to join them, but didn't quite dare. i threw one off to the side of him and he ate it, so i threw another closer to me and he ate it. though then he left; atleast he dared enough to get quite close
Yeah, he's not going anywhere. From the sounds of it, you'll have plenty of opportunities to try to trap him. It's like he's the Road Runner and you're Wile E. Coyote!

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Furryfriends,

just wanted to wish you good luck with catching the road runner

regards,

Christine