Feral Cat Colony Help

KrissyHeartsCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in need of some advice. We have a feral cat colony where I work, which, naturally started with just a few cats that we started to feed and put out water as it was super hot out when they first appeared (approximately 3 years ago). We recently had a local organization come trap and fix them, then released them back to us. Our supervisor is always bragging to potential customers about our cats and how well we take care of them. However, we have started to have our jobs threatened if we put any form of shelter out for them to prevent them from freezing to death (there was a -20 wind chill just last night). I am wondering if there is anything I can do about this? Any animal rights laws or anything anyone can come up with that will help us protect them and ourselves in this situation? I have called multiple shelters, and they have said they will not take feral cats. The only advice I received was to stop feeding them and they will go away, which, I fortunately or unfortunately cannot do. Please help!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they've lived there that long, they must be finding shelter somewhere. So don't worry too much. Are there any other properties in the area? Maybe you can talk to the owners of those properties and get permission to put shelters there.