Female Question (birth control)...

7cozycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the patch has the same hormones in it as the pill. to keep your body natural and free of hormones i think an over the counter method would be best.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Teresa! Your granddaughter is gorgeous!!!

Okay....here's my 2 cents....I am probably the only person in the world who did NOT like the patch....but I didn't. I was on it for one month (last month) and hated it. Why??? Well for one thing...it isn't very sexy...not that anybody but my hubby would ever see it...but I had it on my lower abdomen and it looks like a big old bandaid, and some of the sticky stuff comes out around the sides a little bit, which wouldn't be a problem, except I wear jogging pants alot, so the fuzz from the jogging pants kept sticking to the edges of the patch, and so I would have this crap around it...which looked just lovely...and when I tried to scrub it off, I had to rub so hard I literally took the skin off, and then had a red rash looking thing around it....I don't know...I just didn't like it...I was laways worried too about it starting to peel off, because then you have to replace it immediately.

I'm sure it works great for most people...I just didn't like it. I went back on the pill, which isn't very good for me since I am over 35 and still smoke some.
I want to get my tubes tied, so I will probably do that in a year or two.

Of course asking Hubby to have a vasectomy was like asking him to cut the whole dang thing off...or so you would have thought by his reaction, so I guess that is out.
I think he feels it would do something to his feeling of manhood or some dumb thing like that.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on birth control for over 3 years (have been trying to get pregnant), but I was on the Pill which worked well for me!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on Depo for 4 years. I experienced the same weight gain. I have been off of it for about 3 years. That damn weight sure didn't go away as quickly as it went on. I didn't have a period for 9 months after I stopped Depo, but when it came back (and boy was I praying it wouldn't!), it was like the others describe: much heavier than ever before with lots of clots. It lasts less time, though. Sometimes I have to be in the bathroom changing protection every couple of hours at most. Blech! As to other methods, I have no advice. I haven't been able to take the Pill since my 20's because of varicose veins and poor leg circulation. I should have had my tubes tied after my daughter was born.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been on the pill for a while too, and Tamme, you may just need to try a few different pills, as a couple of the ones I have tried absolutely killed all sex drive... I told the Doc and she gave me a different one, since I switched, everything is back to normal and I haven't had any side affects. (not that I know of anyway.. twitch... hee hee)