Female kitty acting like a male kitty

munchkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My oldest cat Munchkin, just back herself up against a wall, starting quivering her tail, and peed up the wall! I have never seen a female kitty do this before. Any ideas?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did have one female that used to spray I assumed she was marking her territory. She was a feral we rescued when she was a kitten, I always thought that had something to do with. (she was spayed BTW
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

munchkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep. Spayed, current on vaccines and healthy as a horse. We have a new stray that I have started feeding so maybe she is acting out about that?

munchkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by RarePuss

Not on topic, but is your cat a munchkin breed, or do you just call her munchkin?
Actually, she is a Maine Coon. My Godson, named her. He loves the Wizard of Oz, and insisted that be her name.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She could also have a health issue. Even though you believe she is healthy as a horse, I would take her in and get her checked. If there are other cats around, she could be marking her territory as well, and yes, female cats do spray-

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I struggled with McKenzie doing this for years. She was spayed. She even got along with the older cats, but as soon as my Ziggy died, the spraying stopped. There was obviously a problem with Ziggy that I never had a clue about. I think at one time they put her on hormones , but it had a funny effect on her - she seemed very depressed, didn't play, etc. So we took her off of them.

munchkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually had her at the vet on Tuesday. I thought she had a UTI due to the way that she kept going to the litter box every few minutes. She was given some SQ fluids, a shot of cortisone, and put on antibiotics. Her U/A came back normal, but the doctor thought meds would be a good idea anyway.

miss prissy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I have 2 males for a long time now and found a little female in the back yard who has been spraying or looks like she is spraying but no smell I can detect and I have watched her back up to the wall right beside my bed where she has claimed as her's try the wiggle tail bit but nothing happens, after a few attempts at this she stops.
I guess it doesn't work as the other 2 keep coming on my bed also, sometimes I have 2 happy males sleeping away and then walks miss grouchy and all hell breaks loose. She hisses and growls and then the other cats will leave. It doesn't seem fair since she has just arrived 4 months ago as a stray, but has taken over the entire animal population here. We have a collie mix Lab who Matilda (miss grouchy) doesn't seem to care for either and tries to smack her once in a while, but with no claws she doesn't hurt the dog at all. It is quite known that she is now the boss over everybody who lives in the house. So she keeps trying to mark territory but the water works are not cooperating Thank God for small miracles or my house would really smell like cat pee.