Female Cat Peeing on Household items

countrygirl1978

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help!!!! My daughter has a three year old female cat, Princess that is peeing on things around the house. If we leave the bathmat on the floor she will be on it or a towel and most recently this morning the couch. I have cleaned the spots she has done it before with the enzyme cleaners but she still continues to do it. She also doesn't have a UTI so it's all behavioral for some reason. Any suggestions?

Thanks

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she spayed? If not, do so asap and that would help. If she is, could she possibly be smelling another animal or cat on someone's clothes? Or their body could be carrying it? That's when my cat pees on things. If that isn't it, then she is upset about something, a change, another cat outside, etc. and needs a Feliway collar or a calming aide found on Amazon or pet store. I wish you well and hope things change. PS keep your bathroom door shut!

reikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has her urine been test for crystals? Seeking out soft things to pee on it a BIG sign of crystals or a bladder infection.

Did you change your litter at all recently? She might not like the new stuff, even if you got the same brand and got a different scent or something. Some cats are VERY picky about their litter.

Anything major change in the kitties life recently? Major changes can equal potty behavior issues in cats....