female cat not in heat?

CatDadChase

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a female cat who is a year old (part Norwegian forest cat) we got her and her brother in November. They both had cat flu when we got then and took a while to get them healthy enough to be done.by the time they were healthy enough for surgery the vets closed for unmergeancy procedures. She hasn't had a heat cycle once that we are aware of,we also have 2 nutered males and her brother who is unneutered for the same reason ,so we ruled out silent heats as we haven't heard any calling from them. We will be taking her to the vet to get spayed anyway in the next few weeks but looking for advice in the mean time.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of the larger breeds mature slowly. Cats can also have silent heats. Plus males can smell a female in heat before humans can tell, and mating brings them out of heat, so if he gets to her fast enough she can get pregnant without you ever knowing she was in heat.

I hope you're keeping her separated from her brother!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDadChase

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I knew that weegies generally took longer to reach adulthood but have only had a mixed bag of moggies before but she's very dominantly Norwegian in looks and behavior. We keep them separate at night and when no ones home but during the day someone's always downstairs to keep an eye on them. (we have a big household) due to them both being so ill when younger and her brother also being the runt of the litter and being a little underdeveloped we often wo fered if both of them are either slowly developing in that aspect or perhaps maybe won't at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDadChase

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE

we've called today and booked both cats in next month to get done. The vets we attend know our cats and their health issues very well and suggested late development due to being so ill as babies.fingwrs crossed that nothing changes before the 18th and Percy our boy doesn't have a flare up when the time comes