female cat likes Coach

rirunyan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My female cat who gravitates towards my hubby is constantly seeking out my coach purses. She chews on the edges etc. she won't go after other purses, only coach. Ugggh. Seriously, this is the case. Any ideas? She also eats my expensive IPOD earphones but won't go after any of my hubby's stuff

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just keep things away from her that you don't want her to chew on. Put them in a cupboard or drawer. Give her a thick boot lace or some sisal braided rope, and a cardboard box to chew on

Tolly loves to chew on my leather purse strap. When I changed purses, I cut the strap off the old one, thinking that was what he liked, but nope, he now chews on the strap of the replacement purse. It doesn't seem to hurt it though, and as the only place my purse goes is from house to car to house (I don't carry it inside anywhere) I figure it's okay, it won't hurt him.

(He does play with the old strap sometimes still)

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's got expensive taste huh? No knockoff purses for her XD

Leather is a common attractant for dogs and cats. For obvious reasons--it is preserved animal hide. The best thing you can do is put them, like someone said, out of reach, just close them up in a closet or in a top dresser drawer are two places that'd be more convenient. Don't ever expect to train them out of it!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hang my purses on the edge of a chair, mine have little knobby dohickeys on top perfect for hanging stuff on. Mine dont chew on them but they will drag out the 10 million tubes of VS lip gloss I have in there and bat them around. Cant have that happening because for one 1 tube of that stuff lasts me over a yr and 2 the dog will chew it and cause it to explode!! :eek:)

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by merrytreecats

The best thing you can do is put them, like someone said, out of reach, just close them up in a closet or in a top dresser drawer are two places that'd be more convenient. Don't ever expect to train them out of it!
Agreed. It seems like cat training is about 75% making what you don't want them to do either impossible or unpleasant, and 20% providing for them to meet their cat needs in an acceptable way.

I know they're usually for dogs, but I wonder if the kitty in question would appreciate some kind of rawhide chew toy.