Female cat is more interested in my husband than me!

kyleebrown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lets first start by saying that I wanted a kitten and I fed her, cleaned her litterbox and played with her from time to time (when shes in the right mood), my husband? nope he didnt want a cat he doesnt do anything and doesnt care yet SHE goes to him for love, we had her since she was 7 weeks old and she has been stuck to him like glue! does she like him more because he doesnt bug her? because she will sleep with him and lay on him,but god forbid to give me love!, shes a very "moody" cat she is spayed but she does not like to be held nor does she take to kindly when I try to for exaple measure her for a harness, she bats at the tape and hisses!, now shes not all bad when shes sleepy and jussst wakes up she wants love, and when we come home she greets us at the door, she is a good cat and I love her, I just feel its always on her own terms, like Im supposed to ignore her and only give love if she comes up to me,

on a side note we got a male kitten who is 12 weeks old and he lovvveeessss me, talk about a lil devil hes everything I wanted in my other cat, I wish she acted this way with me....and she does like the new addtion they chase eachother around the house and make this weird "MmmHmmHmMM" back and forth when they see eachother or come up and touch noses sniffing...

1. how can I make her interested in me and 2. is she just more interested in men?

lolcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A direct stare is considered a challenge. Notice when two cats approach each other, they often do not come at each other head on. They actually will walk so that their heads pass each other a bit and then turn to the side to sniff. This indirect attention is less threatening. If they know each other well, they may go nose to nose, but this puts both cats in a vulnerable position.People who like cats may tend to stare at them, and this, ironically makes the cat uncomfortable. Those who don't like cats often don't pay much attention to them, and are therefore not seen as a threat. So, when that person sits down, the cat may decide that is the safest lap to sit in and get some indirect attention 1."I just feel its always on her own terms, like Im supposed to ignore her and only give love if she comes up to me" exactly lol also giving 1-3 treats out of the palm of your hand and playing 15-20 minutes a day helps build trust and love 2.no not really just depends who they think is less of a threat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kyleebrown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So is it good that they are touching noses? And making that weird sound when they greet eachother

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my house, my female cat Cindy adores DH. She tolerates me, but it's DH she goes to.  He loves her right back, so it works out good.

My male cat, Swanie, is my baby, follows me around, a real love bug, etc.

Maybe cats just tend to go for the opposite gender?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
could it be in part a female rivalry thing? my dog loved my husband over my daughter or me. she would get very jealous if he got close to me and would give me the evil eye. when he sat near me, she would do everything in her power to get in between us and if she succeeded, she would look over her shoulder at me with a triumphant look on her face. I have always been the one that takes care of her- fed her, bathed her, given her treats, gotten her birthday and Christmas presents and so on. him? nothing yet she worshipped him. she would wait by the front door for him all day every day until he got home from work. only then was she happy. when he passed away, she waited by that door for him in the hallway for over 2 years often glaring at me as if to ask what I did to make him not come home. she finally decided to rejoin us but she's still depressed I think. she likes me and DD but she really loved him. she has perked up some since the cats joined us but she's sill missing a lot of her spark. I know cats and dogs are different in a lot of ways but I bet that has something to do with it.