Feliway

notchrisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I am moving in a few days and was surfing the site for advice (which I got thank you), and I saw a lot of postings about Feliway. I checked out the website and watched their video and it got me thinking. My cats don't spray, but they do scratch the couch and what not, nothing too horrible. I wouldn't call my cats super anxious but they can be a little skittish and nervous sometimes. Something I thought was normal for cats. So, should I use Feliway? Is it something good to use in general, or should I just use it for the move. I have moved with my guys before and they handled pretty well. Anyway it seemed like a product that could make them feel more at home. Is there any harm in using it?

Thanks

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, no harm in using it! For general stress, the plug-in is better. For scratching specifically, it doesn't have as a successful track record as it does for urinating out of the box problems, but you'd need the spray to spray on the places on the couch or wherever you want them to stop scratching, and you need to spray every two days.

Of course, ensuring they have lots of appropriate scratching alternatives can really help, and lots of positive reinforcement for using those helps too.

Good luck with the move!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

notchrisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks for the advice. If I do use the Feliway for the move, and i decide to stop using it once settled, or it runs out and it takes me a bit to realize and replace it, will it be a big shock for my guys. Will it be all of a sudden "whered that go" and start spraying?

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No there isn't any harm in using Feliway. I used it to help
Lynxx
when he was adjusting to Luna and Midnight. It also helped with making him more social with us. It works to keep Luna calm in her carrier, when she goes to the vet. However it has had no affect on Midnight at all.