Feliway success stories?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrandall2000

Hi there,

Where do you get it? I Googled Felifriend and only found supplies in the UK. Is it available in the U.S.?

Best,

Elizabeth
I suspect Felifriend isnt sold in US. A couple of sources I consulted mentioned felifriend isnt sold in the USA. Why not, I dont understand. All other of the firms products are sold in USA (Feliway for cats, DAP for dogs, Pherocalm for horses).

Do buy it from UK or elsewhere from an internet pet shop. Or perhaps someone on Ebay sells it.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I plugged in a Feliway diffuser for the first time yesterday, and I think Squirrel (very skitty former feral) has been letting herself be seen more since then. Could be a coincidence because she's still settling in to the new place; I'm not sure yet. We'll see.

It's not doing anything to calm down Panther's screaming, but getting fixed (as soon as I have the money...can't take much more of this) will take care of that; anything else would have to be a miracle.

degu_2009

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is this stuff anyways? It sounds like your cats are in a pissy attitude if they don't have this stuff around. Wouldn't the real question be WHY your cats have an attitude in the first place? It's like you are dependent on it

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Degu_2009

What is this stuff anyways? It sounds like your cats are in a pissy attitude if they don't have this stuff around. Wouldn't the real question be WHY your cats have an attitude in the first place? It's like you are dependent on it
I explained it to BF as being like aromatherapy for cats. It releases a scent into the air that tells them they're safe and can be calm.

Cats have personalities--some people are naturally more anxious than others, and so are some cats. Living indoors is not really normal for felines so it can be a stress source for them: although 100% indoor is safer for cats (no cars to be run over by, no neighborhood cats to fight with, no getting caught for science, etc.), wild cats such as tigers have a much larger hunting and exploring range than indoor cats do, even adjusting for the different cats' sizes, so even an only cat might sometimes feel crowded.

Also, a lot of people on this board have taken in cats from difficult situations (my two, for example, were not socialized to humans before I took them in at about 8 weeks, so they're less willing to be with people than they would have been...and that's mild compared to what some cats whose humans post here have come from).

(An update on mine: Squirrel is coming closer to familiar humans than she did before I plugged the diffuser in, and letting herself be seen more. Panther is...still Panther; she'd already pretty much adapted to the new place and to BF being around, before I got it, so there haven't been any situations for her to adapt to since then.)