Feliway spray?

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm taking my boy on a 2-hour (road trip) to visit relatives for Christmas. I have some Feliway spray that I bought some time ago, and I want to spray the interior of my car before we leave.

Does anyone know how much time I should give between spraying and putting the carrier (and cat) in the car? My memory is that the instructions (which I no longer have) mentioned 15 min., but that memory is quite fallible.

Anyone have any other info?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spray both the carrier and the car about 15-20 mins prior to loading them up. I have to be careful because the spray triggers DH's asthma, so I've done it as much as 30 mins. prior to us loading up. My girls are excellent travelers and don't really need the spray, but it helps keep them calm. We also travel in the early afternoon, as this is their normal napping time.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
at least 15 mins, it needs to dry as it is an alcohol based substance and harmful if they get it in their eyes etc

I would also put some on a blanket in the carrier but be careful, the spray can stain fabrics

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something else I do is drape a hand towel over half of the top of the carrier so they have a "cave" to hide in. They get plenty of light in the other half and also air flow.