Feliway, does it smell like other cats?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried the diffuser, I was using the spray for travel and cat shows mostly. Since Spot hate the spray so much I decided not to try the diffuser, I was worried it might cause the opposite reaction than intended for Spot, plus with the price I'd hate to buy it and then not be able to use it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Paulie is stressed by new things, he even had a cysitis flare up when I got him a new litter box, I don't know what I'm going to do when he needs a new one again.  Dose anyone have any suggestions on how what I should do to make the new box smell like the old one?  I thought of rubbing a blanket on his feet and then rubbing it on the new box to transfer his scent.  I feel so bad for him I don't know why he's stressed of smells? 

wendyb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one upstairs and downstairs.  It has made all the difference in their getting along.

wendyb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As for the litter - keep some from the last time you change it out of the old box and mix it in the new one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is a good idea Wendy B that is what I have been doing even when I change the litter I will top it off with someof the old stuff.  I think I'm going to buy his new litter box off line because last time I got it at the pet store where animals are allowed to come into the store so maybe it smelled like other animals.  I try and do everything I can to not make him nervous so I hope this works.  Thanks somuch again for everyones help :0)