Feline UTI????!!!!!!

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting this morning my cat has been in the litter box, trying to pee, but he doesn't pee, after we gave him vinegar he had a little come out. Does this mean feline UTI? Do you have any home remedies? Please help

Oh, and he is licking his area a little more than usual.
Otherwise he seems happy and normal.
BTW, he is two.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think anyone should give you any advice other than; get him to the vet.

Because he might be blocked and that could kill him if you try to mess around with home remedies first.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

Does this mean feline UTI? Do you have any home remedies?
Since he's barely able to get anything out it may likely be crystals. There's nothing you can do at home right now. He must see a vet ASAP because it can kill within hours.

Later, with vet treatment, your "home remedy" will be following the vet's advice for any diet changes he may need.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree - classic sign of UTI problems - call your vet immediately and describe the situation - all vets keep slots open for emergencies like this. If your vet does not get you in today, call another vet or an E-Vet - you can't mess with this. Happened with my boy.

With UTIs, always be guided by the vet re diet, etc. - do nothing without keeping the vet in the loop.

Good luck - and please update.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it is just a UTI, he will need antibiotics. There is no home remedy for UTI's.

If he is blocking due to crystals, you have an emergency situation on your hands. You need to get him to a vet ASAP.

Sending vibes that he will be OK.

katladee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this cat definitely needs to see a vet ASAP as UTIs can be fatal very quickly.

i will say that i have had great success with using animal's apawthecary's "tinkle tonic" as a treatment AID when my cat has a UTI. and by aid, i mean along with antibiotics. it helps very quickly to soothe the whole area down there.