Feline pine vs. world's best

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok everyone, I need your help. I have been thinking about changing to an all natural litter and I can't decide between World's best and Feline pine. I want to know what you all think! Any and all advice is appreciated! BTW, I only have one cat and she is 6mo. We are using Scoop Away right now, but I think I want to change. I want the new litter to be scoopable and fragrence free. She also likes to dig A LOT so I need to put a decent amount of litter in the box. I normally scoop twice a day and clean and empty the entire box every 2 weeks. Thanks in advance!

cali's mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me and my baby love WBCL.......it scoops great and I have had no problem with it.....I am using this from reading about it on this site.....and if she eats it .....it won't hurt her......

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We also use WBCL for our two - I scoop at least once per day and keep adding a bit of new litter about every 2 days. I change the litter out completely and wash the container about once per month.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats, and we use Feline Pine..and love it. Less smell and mess, and the pellets are very easy to scoop away..I change the whole litter box just once a week using it..

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started with Feline Pine but were forced to switch when one of my kittens didn't like it. Now we use World's Best and like it soooo much better than the pine litter. We never have to do full litter box changes anymore. It scoops so nicely that the litter box left behind is practically clean (no gunk/smell left on the edges). It clumps so nicely too. My 3 cats love it and so do we.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never used world's best, but feline pine did not really take care of the odor. It made the odor go away after a while, but instead of scooping once a day, I was having to scoop right after he had a BM because the stuff has little odor control.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started out using Feline Pine. Although there was no urine odor at all, once it got wet and broke down into sawdust, there was a marked wet pine sawdust odor which my husband didn't care for. Also that urine is actually staying in the box and not going anywhere since it's not scooped. Therefore It HAD to be emptied and refilled on a weekly basis. Contrary to what they say, the pellets will track somewhat. I found it hard to scoop also, possibly because I didn't have their "special" scoop that was not available in the store (PetsMart) and made do with one intended for crystals or pearls.

The WBCL, however, I can't say enough good about. It does have a corn odor, but I find it pleasant (reminds me of when I had chickens, LOL) it clumps hard and almost immediately. There is more to scoop since the urine clumps are being flushed as well, and if you are flushing them rather than trashing the waste it's a good idea to have a handy toilet brush to give the toilet just a quick touch-up. We keep the boxes fairly full and in, ummm, 3? months, have yet to feel a need to dump everything, scrub and re-fill. The waste never reaches the bottom of the pan and the boys are pretty good about going in the middle so it rarely gets on the sides as well. It is NOT good about eliminating fresh poo odors
, but I don't know a litter that is.

We are totally sold on WBCL.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in complete agreeance with RoseHawke. I keep mine as thick as possible, maybe around 5" that way the little clumps never touch the bottom. The great thing is as teh litter gets low you just pour more in! Its so easy. My litter boxes are next to the toilet so scooping into the toilet is very handy.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

We started with Feline Pine but were forced to switch when one of my kittens didn't like it. Now we use World's Best and like it soooo much better than the pine litter. We never have to do full litter box changes anymore. It scoops so nicely that the litter box left behind is practically clean (no gunk/smell left on the edges). It clumps so nicely too. My 3 cats love it and so do we.
I would say the exact same (only with 4 cats). Mine were not too impressed with feline pine but took to WBCL right away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to get a bag of WBCL this weekend. Do I just gradually mix in the WBCL with her old stuff until it is all WBCL? How do you make the change as smooth as possible? Thanks again!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I switched away from pine my cats were so happy they jumped right in, no transition necessary. I honestly don't think it will be a problem. Don't be alarmed if you kitties eat it when you pour it right out of the bag(its completely safe to eat since its made of corn and apparently it tastes very good)! It will work best not mixed and its not quite like food where a sudden switch would upset the digestive system. The only litter I find transition is necessary is pine.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The texture is very similar to a coarse clumping clay litter. It seems that the vast difference in textures when you're switching between different types of litters is the main problem but is irrelevent here. The odor is very different though, so if you wish you might mix just a little of the old (or take a couple of the clumps) and put it in with the new so they'll know without a doubt that it's the place to go.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I was at Pets-mart today, and I bought some WBCL to give it a try..I have been using pine, but everyone gave WBCL such great reviews, I have to give it a try...