Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP)

nolan11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty my have FIP. Im so stressed. He will go for blood work in a few days. He has been having a clear gel like stuff comming out of his bum. the initial blood work found a high amount of something in his blood i cant remember the word. But the Doc said it could be from the infection that he has. or its maybe FIP.
Hes such a good kitty. hes only 8 months old and have growen so atached to him.
If anybody out there had to go through this please help me out and tell me any kind of other symptoms to look for and what to expect.
I just pray that he just has a perasite or something.
Thanks
Bruce

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruce, you are doing the right thing to try to learn more about this horrible illness. I lost a kitten, Mattie, to FIP about a year ago. She was about the same age as your kitty.

I am very sorry your kitty is so sick. Poor little guy! I really hope it is not FIP, since there isn't a real good treatment available for it yet! I will keep checking for news on how your guy is doing.

darla s

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will pray too. I am so sorry. Bless this kitty and all that love him.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O no! I really hope this is not the case. My kitties and I will be praying for you both.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nolan11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the blessings. My Buddy Baxler thanks you too and is responding good to his Meds. We are still woried he might have FIP. But has been doing a little better ever since we took him to another vet.
Our other vet was an idiot.
I pray for all the other kittys out there that are sick too.
Thanks again
Bruce

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nolan11

Thank you all so much for the blessings. My Buddy Baxler thanks you too and is responding good to his Meds. We are still woried he might have FIP. But has been doing a little better ever since we took him to another vet.
Our other vet was an idiot.
I pray for all the other kittys out there that are sick too.
Thanks again
Bruce

glad to hear he's doing better.
please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nolan11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE:

Its been 32 days since the 1st sign of sysmptome mentioned above. and 10 days since we took him to a better vet and got new better meds.
I am VERY HAPPY TO SAY he is MUCH MORE ACTIVE running around playing eating more. not as sleepy. No more clear gel stuff comming out of him , and the stool looks bigger, harder, and darker. I dont know what happend but he seems to be a 100% better. We of course are taking him back to the vet as a follow up lter this week to see what we should do next. More meds for a week or two just to be sure.

I dont think its FIP, at least it doesnt look like it to me. With the first signs 32 days ago you would think he would be getting worse, not better.
I throw away all 4 litter boxes (we have 2 cats) and bought more and replaced all the litter and srubed and disinfected to areas of there litter boxes and play areas. so if there was any virus or germs, we wanted to be sure to kill them.

Ive heard of remision before with the FIP. But i would think he would have gotten worse in the past month then better at least at some point.

I will keep everbody updated
Thanks for all your Vibs and Prayers
Bruce