Feline acne

kuri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, my cat recently got diagnosed with feline acne and stomatitis. The vet gave her an antiobiitic shot and told me to use chlohexidine wipes on her chin. I started today but was wondering if wipes are really going to help or if the vet will have to do something else because it's looking pretty bad and she keeps pawing at her chin, making it bleed. Any advice is much appreciated.

20211224_222003.jpg
Sort of a graphic pic of it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The pads and antibiotic should do the trick. Also, if the vet did not mention it, if she has plastic dished, immediately change them to glass, stoneware or metal, and, until this clears up, scrub after every use with soap and HOT water. When I was battling a bout with feline acne, I rinsed my cat's dishes daily with boiling water, just to make sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pads and antibiotic should do the trick. Also, if the vet did not mention it, if she has plastic dished, immediately change them to glass, stoneware or metal, and, until this clears up, scrub after every use with soap and HOT water. When I was battling a bout with feline acne, I rinsed my cat's dishes daily with boiling water, just to make sure.
Ok thank you so much!