Feet inside of the catbox but poop on the outside. :(

nu nu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has a habit of trying to poop so close the edge of the catbox that she most often ends up pooping outside it. Imagine having to clean the floor almost every single time your cat poops.. It's very annoying but I know it's not her fault. Is there any way I can somehow teach her to aim better?

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem with my cats too. Mostly in. I don't know why they do this. My box is big enough but their aim isn't . I have to clean the floor and the litter at least 8 times a day. I swear,they are like pooping machines !   I might have to plug them up :) just kidding.

dejolane

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a really deep storage tote (I like the silver 18-gallon Sterilite totes best). You can cut an entrance hole or not, depending on your cat's athleticism and preferences. Or put a puppy pad or newspaper under the box so at least you wouldn't have to clean the floor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nu nu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have the same problem with my cats too. Mostly in. I don't know why they do this. My box is big enough but their aim isn't . I have to clean the floor and the litter at least 8 times a day. I swear,they are like pooping machines !   I might have to plug them up :) just kidding.

dejolane
LOL Oh no, don't cork em up. :p

Glad I'm not the only one going through this. Willowy (the post below yours) has a good idea though. I'm gonna give it a shot, but I'm sure it'll work because it seems like your cats and mine have no problem with the litter or trying to use the catbox, they just need a box with taller walls so their butts don't hang off the side. You should give it a try too, I know how frustrating it is to clean up poop several times a day. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nu nu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Get a really deep storage tote (I like the silver 18-gallon Sterilite totes best). You can cut an entrance hole or not, depending on your cat's athleticism and preferences. Or put a puppy pad or newspaper under the box so at least you wouldn't have to clean the floor.
Using a storage tote is a really good idea! I wish I had thought of it sooner because this has gotten so frustrating. ><

Thank you very much for the advice, I'm definitely gonna try it.