feet biting

holly thatcher

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got a kitten she is 9wks old..she is still biting, but not as bad add before..but she had a foot s she she will but my feet any chance she gets..I have been using a spray bottle to train her well discipline her..it seems to,b working alittle what else can I do please help thank you

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of all, stop using the spray bottle.  All you are doing is making her afraid of you. 

Kittens will chase and bite feet because they are right in front of the kitten and are easy prey.  If she bites, throw a toy to distract her or blow air like you are blowing out a candle, but not directly at the kitten.  I don't know what else to do, but I am sure others will give you more advice.  The big thing is, stop using the spray bottle.

debl58

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't use spray bottle, but a little (and i do mean little) squirt from squirt gun usually snaps Loco out of what mis-behaviour he is up to.  The biggest thing he gets in trouble for is trying to get my food while i'm eating. Stealth the 1-1/2 yr old is very polite. Probably best thing i can do is just put him in playroom til i'm finished eating... Less drama for both of us.