Feeling really guilty. Do not know what to do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

byron_57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I need it a little validation.

It is very hard to make a dessition when there are such a few answers that can make me feel good about what I will do.

This little kitten adapted so fast. She is playing all over the place. She is keeping me quite bussy sometimes. Especially when I can not let her meow much. If I do, the mother who is outside will hear and she will be on my back door wating for the kitten and leaving the other one.

I like for the mother cat to spend as much time taking care of the other kitten.

It is a good thing though that she likes to sleep a lot after a good play.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you have to do the best with what you have.
And you have a little bundle of joy! Whats so sad is that people ignore the plight of little ones like this so often. It's so kind of you to do this! And keeping an eye on the mom has been great too.

I remember you mentioning that you don't really have the means to deal with the kitten but if you need -any- help I am sure we can give you advice and direct you to a place near you that can give you assistance with your kitten.

Have you picked a name for her?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cr33py

Not so often. It is a good idea to let them be together and enjoy free life.
This might be a good idea in an ideal world, however these cats are almost 100% likely to continue to have litters and their litters will have litters and so the story goes. If you are having trouble finding homes or shelters to take one kitten, imagine how much trouble there will be if this kitten and its mother continue to have litters? And they will, no doubt about it.

So while it's all nice and dreamy to let them live their happy lives together in freedom, in reality it's far from a nice situation. Kittens and cats die all the time in these kinds of situations. The cats must be trapped and neutered if they are to remain outdoors and on their own. It's hard to do this but you will be doing a great deal of good and preventing many, many more litters by doing so.

I think it's wonderful the attention you are paying and the time you are spending, I really do. What a lovely person you must be. It always warms my heart to read posts like yours. If you can find a way to trap these cats and have them neutered, you will be doing the best service you can possibly do for them.