Feeling lost and guilty

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I haven't given up.  Just have tons of thoughts going through the brain since it's happened.  I've done what I can and some that I've talked to have said that they'd keep an eye out for her, but not sure if any really have or not.  No, I didn't ask if I could check their yards as am sure after a while they'd not want me to do it anymore.  Have done the poster up a number of places and have had to switch out because of the weather as have had rain.  Am keeping positive, but of course there's always times that the negative thoughts come into play.  I just hope that if someone does take her in that they don't treat her bad and that if they take her in to the vets that the vets will check for her since she's been microchipped, just didn't have a collar on her with that information, which I know I should have had on her.  I'm thinking of continuing to keep her microchip up to date when it comes time to renew it again through Home Again.
You only need to check once.  I remember when I lost one of mine years ago she was under someone's hedge and had obviously not moved for days.  They do tend to do that.

Sending lots of

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One thing that worked for me when my cats went missing was leaving a trail of something that smelt like home around the house and garden. You can take some of the litter from her litter box and sprinkle that around or take the dust bag from your vacuum cleaner and make a trail with that. It only needs to be a little, nothing that any of your neighbours would notice or complain about. Cats have an amazing sense of smell and use it to find their way around.

Good luck, I hope she comes home soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You only need to check once.  I remember when I lost one of mine years ago she was under someone's hedge and had obviously not moved for days.  They do tend to do that.

Sending lots of
Gotcha.  Didn't think of it that way, of course, and it does make sense.  Have a feeling that she MIGHT not be at a couple of neighbor's homes ... ones with dogs.  The dog at the house right next door doesn't like cats.  

Last edited:

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

One thing that worked for me when my cats went missing was leaving a trail of something that smelt like home around the house and garden. You can take some of the litter from her litter box and sprinkle that around or take the dust bag from your vacuum cleaner and make a trail with that. It only needs to be a little, nothing that any of your neighbours would notice or complain about. Cats have an amazing sense of smell and use it to find their way around.

Good luck, I hope she comes home soon.
Dang, I didn't think of the litter part and I just cleaned it out the other day, so I don't have any of it with her scent or anything like that.  Don't have carpets, so no vacuum.  That does make sense.  I MAY try that with her food, but am not sure she might/would/could get that scent with the neighborhood cats that could get to it.  Am going to bring in the towel I have inside and maybe take out a teddy bear with the home scent.  Have been going back and forth between putting one of her beds out or not that has her scent on it.  

P.S.   Sorry if it posted and didn't look complete.  I had to come back and edit it as I had to check my blood sugar after eating a couple of hours ago.

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

How's it going? Any sign of Shadow yet?
Sorry for the delay in response.  I've been going out and looking but still no sign of her.  I have had a neighbor on the next street over from me say that she's seen her, but when I have gone out to look during the times she's mentioned, I haven't had any luck in seeing her and would stay out for a while in the area that she's been seen.  :(    And the longer the time goes, my hopes continue to get dashed that will find her.

Last edited:

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's so awesome!  I'm always trying to remain hopeful, but of course it isn't always easy to do!

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sure someone has probably taken her in.  She is such a striking cat.  I know you said she is skittish but hunger will make cats warm up to strangers if they are nice.  Maybe one day soon they will take her to the vet for something and discover her microchip.  That is the scenario that I see.  Chin up.

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sure someone has probably taken her in.  She is such a striking cat.  I know you said she is skittish but hunger will make cats warm up to strangers if they are nice.  Maybe one day soon they will take her to the vet for something and discover her microchip.  That is the scenario that I see.  Chin up.
That's what am hoping is that someone may have taken her in. If so, I hope that they're taking food care of her and not mistreating her and to take her in and look for it like you mentioned if/when she needs cared for.