Feeling Helpless.....

j171978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sister's dog has seziers. I've only seen it happen twice and it freaked me out. She doesn't have him on any meds becase she can't afford it but they told her that if she started him on it she's have to give it to him the same time every single day or he's have a sezier and she's just to busy for that. He also doesn't have them often enough to really worry about it now.

My suggestion for you is the same thing we told my sister and you don't have to listen because well she doesn't either but it's really better to put him down then to make him suffer. The vet said every sezier takes more and more away from him. Soon he will be so bad that you will have to put him down. I love animals and I hate to see a family loose a pet but I don't like to see them suffer either.

You could always get a new puppy.

I hope I don't sound to hearless. I'm not trying to. I know it's easier said then done. We had to put a dog down because she had cancer. It's not easy you just got to think of what's best.

Good Luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by j171978

My sister's dog has seziers. I've only seen it happen twice and it freaked me out. She doesn't have him on any meds becase she can't afford it but they told her that if she started him on it she's have to give it to him the same time every single day or he's have a sezier and she's just to busy for that. He also doesn't have them often enough to really worry about it now.

My suggestion for you is the same thing we told my sister and you don't have to listen because well she doesn't either but it's really better to put him down then to make him suffer. The vet said every sezier takes more and more away from him. Soon he will be so bad that you will have to put him down. I love animals and I hate to see a family loose a pet but I don't like to see them suffer either.

You could always get a new puppy.

I hope I don't sound to hearless. I'm not trying to. I know it's easier said then done. We had to put a dog down because she had cancer. It's not easy you just got to think of what's best.

Good Luck
Well, we have a good relationship with our vet who has adviced us that she will absolutely tell us when we have to let go. I'm not going to do it as long as the vet says that he's fine but as soon as she says the words, we will follow her advice. His seizures don't come extremely often but when they do, it's just heartwrenching. I'm more concerned with the cancer, as is the vet. They are watching it and I know they will let us know when it's time.

Thanks for your concern.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This makes me so sad! I feel so bad that you have to go through this all.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet pup!

aussie cat love

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 18 yr old DSH cat has had cancer for 5 years. So there is always hope. My cat has a bone tumour on his elbow and also a large tumour near his windpipe. these are fairly slow growing. He is coping Ok but it is nearly time for him to go to the Rainbow Bridge. It is a very hard decision.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my pets have gotten to that point yet. I'm so sorry to hear this. Many hugs to you and your sweet Lab.
;hugs:
I can't imagine how you must feel.