Feeling For Kittens

sammyhigh14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, what should kittens feel like in the womb? As somebody who isn’t incredibly experienced, I have tried to research what they feel like/what i should be feeling for but can’t seem to find any direct answers. Say the kittens are golf ball sized, or big enough to feel from the outside, should they be hard? squishy? ya know, that sort of thing, i guess, is what i’m asking. in your personal experiences, how would you describe them?

Last edited by a moderator:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried this on the neigbor's cats when they were pregnant with no success. The "golf balls" are supposed to be the fetal skulls, I guess.

At one time, veterinarians were trained to do this, but X-ray equipment is so common these days that I guess they don't teach it any more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sammyhigh14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. I figured i’d be able to find out at least somebody’s experience with a simple google search, but no luck

christinesfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A veterinarian can definitely feel them, they are experts at palpation. I would suggest not trying it yourself, doing something wrong can lead to issues with the kittens or even abortion.