buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Maddox's Mom

Thanks everyone. We will hang in there.
Yay!

Like everyone has said, it's gonna take some time... you kind of have to "teach" him that it's ok to trust you... just take baby steps - he'll start to get used to your routine and become more comfortable with his environment... oh, I'm not sure if someone has already asked this, but have you tried the feliway diffusers in your home? They're a little pricey, but they help to calm and sooth your kitty in stressful situations, so it'd be worth looking into

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Maddox's Mom

Thanks everyone. We will hang in there.
I think that's the best thing you can do for kitty.

If you feel the need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me.

My mom once had a cat who had been abused, and the cat hid under the bed for a whole month after my mom moved to a new home. Kitty eventually came out, and went back to her friendly self.

It takes a little bit longer with cats who have been abused. Your cat may need additional time also because he is deaf. Don't worry, he doesn't hate you. He just needs, as everyone has been saying, time and patience.

I think I know how you feel... you only want to give him a good life but he just doesn't understand that. (That's how I feel when I have to give Nova medicines, and she is uncooperative.) If only we could communicate our intentions to them and see immediate results.

I'm glad you haven't given up on your cat. Good luck!