feeding tube and kitty not pooping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katkin9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today was Bucket's last day. She had the best day. She had several friends come over and visit to say goodbye and give lots of affection. We laid in bed and snuggled nearly all day yesterday and a lot of today. Today, she got to break all of the rules. She got to be outside and pretend to be a wild kitty while she napped and watched birds. She was offered some of her old favorites butterscotch pudding, raspberry yogurt, and tuna fish... But when it came down to it, tuna just was the only thing worth her last hours on earth. She got brushed while laying in the sun that came through the skylights. We smiled while looking at pictures of her life. I tried to cat-beard with her one last time (failed). She had enough catnip to overdose forty cats. She even had a special load of bleach whites done for her (I didn't need to do laundry) and pulled out of the dryer still warm for her to lay on. But most importantly, she knew she was loved and I got to say "see you later." She passed in my arms in our room surrounded by people who love us both after a day filled with love and affection. I think I would call that a happy ending. Rest, dear Bucket, for now... for I shall see you soon and we will have lots of catching up to do. I love you to the moon and back forever and ever and ever.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a wonderful last day for both of you.   Something to treasure even as your heart broke.  You are a wonderful, wonderful loving cat parent, and I know SHE knew how much she was loved.  

Now as your heartache begins, her new journey begins.  Run pain free at the Bridge,
Bucket

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, @katkin9. I had been following your thread, and this outcome is absolutely heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you. 

scottg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm truly sorry for you, nothing anyone can say will be or is enough to make up for what you are feeling. But you did everything you could, and gave him a wonderful last day, you also gave Bucket a wonderful and happy happy life, he knows he is very loved. RIP Bucket. <3

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of Bucket. She sounds like a wonderful patient cat. You have my deepest sympathies.

playerdark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. It's good to read that though, it reminds me to not give up so easily on my ill cat.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go to your profile page and scroll down to 'My Drafts'. It's possible that your post (or at least most of it) is there.