Feeding time at the zoo!

typix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wasn't sure where to lost this, apologies if in wrong forum. Wondering if anyone has advice for feeding wet food to a lot of cats? We have 7 cats and besides the amount of time it takes to open cans, fill plates, and clean up, they are totally insane! 😂 They climb up me, fight with each other, and the faster ones go after everyone else's food and gorge it.

Yes I can feed separately but we have a small house, only 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, living area, and a sunroom. We do have some shelves. Bigger cans seem to help so that I don't have to open 3 or 4 cans at a time, taking longer for them to freak out. 😂

Has anyone developed a system to make it easier, more efficient, and less stressful on the cats?

Thank you!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do what we used to do at the zoo,,,get the largest pizza tray you can get...put food in a big circle around the edge of the tray and put it down and run!!
The cats will get shoulder to shoulder to eat once they get used to it and should get an equal share.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since you are feeding wet food, not sure the pizza carton will work, but I'm just wondering if they are not getting enough food on a daily basis for them to act the way they are...climbing you for the food as you are preparing it, gorging on it, etc. I don't have 7 cats so can't offer too much guidance, but do have two, and one is a little piggy, but he does wait patiently while I prepare their food. The piggy will overeat if allowed, then regurgitate it, so I do have to monitor him closely. I feed HIM in a raised bowl, and separately from the other cat (in a separate room. We keep in eye on the other's bowl to make sure that one eats everything and the piggy steers clear of it. Another thing you might do for the faster eaters is put some sort of object in their bowl to slow them down (since they have to eat around it- something like a clean gold ball would work), or get them a slow feeder bowl.