Feeding The Rescue Cats Better Kibble

savethekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guys,

I have been feeding the 4 rescues I currently have a combination of morning kibble and canned dinner every day. One of my cats has a bit of an upgrade with LID Natural balance since he has allergies (not sure it helps that much).

Anyways, I wanted to upgrade the kibble I feed them and was looking at Wysong Epigen (not the 90 version), since it is supposed to be much much better than the normal brand. It is more expensive, but I will be able to manage. I can't afford the 90 version for 4 cats.

I have read some really bad reviews about this food and also really good ones.
Should I try this one or maybe you have a better recommendation that is priced similarly? This one interests me because it is high in protein and low in starches.

A bag of 5lb is around 14 bucks. Pricey but the 90 version is almost double that x 4 cats = too much for now.

Suggestions of all types appreciated. Thanks

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to consider Wysong, as a company, to be a little whackadoodle :D. And their foods are generally overpriced. But the ingredients for Epigen are pretty good, and it's less than $3 a pound so that's not too horrible. It's a decent option.

Hey, it's only $13.16 on chewy, $12.46 if you get autoship: Wysong Epigen Starch-Free Chicken Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog & Cat Food, 5-lb bag

Another good option that costs slightly less is Nature's Variety: Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Chicken Meal Formula Dry Cat Food

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Take a look at Purina Beyond Chicken & Oatmeal Recipe. Good ingredients and it's reasonably priced. Canidae Pure Elements Chicken is a best buy also.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls get Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken and it's normally $35-40 a bag but this week it is $26 on chewy I assume because the packaging it going through rebranding as soon as old stock sells.