Feeding : Scheduled, or Open?

danalee2682

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I voted scheduled, but like many others here, we do both. Clinton can free feed his measured amount of dry food, Innova EVO. But we schedule AM and PM wet food, either Natural Balance ocean fish or Solid Gold blended tuna.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie gets canned food twice daily, once in the morning and again in the evening. She free feeds on her dry throughout the day.

Percy is fed morning and early evening, due to the other little critters out there who would gobble his food up if I left it out there. (birds, raccoons, possums, you name it)

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

I personally feed dry 24/7 and 1/2 a 3oz can in the AM and in the PM which works perfectly for my Loki!
That's what I do, too.

I split a can every morning and evening between my two darlings, and they have dry food out all of the time.

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PB eats 3 times a day-- 3 ounce cans/pouches

One can for breakfast,
one for lunch,
and one for supper
although last nite he wanted another can so he had 4 yesterday--

Hes 5 months old now and our only cat for now--

My feral i started feeding this week is still living in the "wild" Shes been chowing down on 2 5 ounce cans every morning and 1 5 ounce can at nite--

shes about the same size as PB and i THINK shes about the same age-- not sure on that--

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
actually, i do both. they have kibble available all the time, & get to share a can of wet every night. Pixel doesn't care for wet food, so it's mostly Cable & Java who eat that. occasionally Pixel will eat some, if it's a flavor she likes.

feline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, they can basically eat whenever they want, as I have an "auto feeder" for dry food so they can eat whenever. Every once in a while, I give them a little canned cat food.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're open also...but I'm currently cutting them back. I can't do the timed feeding with the cats because Patches will freak (really...if she sees the food bowls are missing she'll fall over on the floor, show her belly and keep meowing until they're back).

but long story short, we use bowls that hold about 2 cups. BF used to have me feeding them WELL over the top, 4 bowls & 3 cats. Since Luna is still young I'm trying to prevent her from getting fat and also somewhat cutting down the other two. So now I'm doing 3/4 -1 cup dry and 1/2 can of wet in each bowl. They aren't complaining!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really just feed dry free-choice to the boys. Been there done that in my youth with cats wanting you up NOW! to feed them, and not wanting to go through that in my "old age"
!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dexter & Sadie are free fed dry & have "breadfast & dinner wet."