Feeding Schedule

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope I am putting this in the right forum.

I would like some suggestions on feeding schedule. I know it will be better for cats to be on a fixed feeding schedule, but it is somehow a challenge for me.

First of all, I work 3 days in the office each week, which one of them is a Sunday. So on Sundays, my brother can feed the kittens, I do not have to worry too much. And Mondays and Tuesdays, I leave home at 5:30am. So I give them some food in the morning, then I put down some dry when I leave home. As I mentioned in another post, I am afraid Panther will wait until he gets the dry 20 mins later and totally refuse to eat his first raw meal. But this problem will be solved because I bought an automatic feeder, so the dry will only be ready around noon time. Then when I come back from work at about 7 ish, depends on their napping schedule, I give them another raw meal.

Wednesdays, I work from home, so I will be up at 5:30 am anyway, so I can still maintain the same schedule and replace the dry food lunch with raw.

Or on those days I do not have to work, I do not want to wake up at 5:30 am. Right now, I just gave them a late night snack before I go to bed, then wake up the next morning around 9 am to give them breakfast. Then everything delays for 3 hours.

I want to feel them as much raw as possible. And I learnt in this forum, dry food takes a long time to digest, and eating a raw meal after a dry meal too soon may induce bacteria bloom. So I do not want to let them have a dry meal as breakfast at 5:30 am (using the automatic feeder) the days that I do not work.

The other thing is, usually at 5:30 am, they just wake up (or I should say I wake them up), so they really do not eat much anyway. The same thing as the 7ish dinner time. I come home, and they will wake up from their naps. Then they will eat a little of what I prepare, then they will go back to sleep for another 2 hours or so. Sometime if I wait and give them dinner at around 9 ish, they will be all in the dinner mode. So I am thinking these times may not be the best time to feed them anyway. Their most active times are around 1-3 am, 7-10 am, 12-3 pm.

Any suggestions how I should work my schedule along with what to feed in each meal? Thank you for reading.