Feeding Routine

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fed on a schedule. Leaving food down proved to be disastrous as my poor kitty has little self control.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Billy is the same way. He lives for mealtimes and would scarf all day if he could.

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Primula

I am curious as to whether your cats have set meal times or whether they graze? DH feeds our cats a mixture of wet and dry in the AM and they get dry in the evening. No food is left outside or inside when they are done with their meal. Zimmie is not into mealtimes, per se, and she is the only cat that has a little plate 24/7 where she can graze.
Little Guy is fed between 8 and 9 in the mornings and evenings - measured amounts

Schweppie is fed at 8 am, 4 pm and 12 midnight - he's has CRF so he has to eat more frequently.

Neither of my cats are free fed - I like to know if they are eating or not and how much. Little Guy is a bit of a grazer - he will eat a bit and then come back a bit later but his food is usually gone within the hour of setting it down. Schweppie is always hungry so he's content to eat his food all at once.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scheduled feedings here.

The four kittens are free fed dry and get 3 wet food meals a day in addition, they eat at 6:30am, 5pm and 10pm wet meals.

The three adult indoor cats get 3 meals as well, usually one dry and two wet, depends on my schedule how that works out. They eat 6:30am, 5pm and 10pm.

My adult outdoor cat eats one time a day 10pm, I alternate between wet and dry.

Leslie

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No set schedule here. House cats get tinned when I do chores in the morning if they ask for it and get tinned in the evening when I do night feed for the horses. There is always dry sitting out. Barn cats get fed at night when I feed the horses and the also get fed when I have to go somewhere although that is bribery to keep them from trying to get in the vehicle with me

kittykatt23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we have set meals we get breakfast around 8am and then we have a small snack around 1:00pm and then we have dinner around 10pm

sinbadsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rusty (two years old) gets a can of food each day, divided into breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime snack or late dinner, plus all the dry food he wants, day or night. He's still very active, still very much a kitten, and at a perfect weight, so I haven't had to restrict his food yet. He does tend to waste some of the canned food at each meal.

jane&meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our kitty gets wet food at about 7am and 6pm. She has her dry food topped up in a morning and sometimes eats this throughout the day, sometimes completely leaves it, but if she eats it all it's not topped up again until the morning.